When you're ready to process employee time for payroll, the QuickBooks Time/Gusto integration allows you to easily sync employees, pay periods, and time. These instructions assume you have already established a Gusto account. If you have not, learn how to Install Gusto.
Note: It can take up to 48 hours for Gusto to approve and create your payroll account. Only one QuickBooks Time account can be linked to each Gusto account.
- In the left menu, go to Feature Add-ons > Manage Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Gusto, and select Install.
- Select Connect to Gusto. Enter your Gusto email address, and select LOG IN.
- Enter your username and password.
- If you have multiple companies, select the one to which you want to link and select AUTHORISE.
- Complete the Settings:
- Overtime Settings: Weekly Overtime can be set up here (daily overtime can be set up later, in the company settings, if needed). QuickBooks Time automatically detects if you are located in California and automatically activates the California OT law calculations.
- PTO Settings: This just informs you of any custom PTO codes you have set up in your QuickBooks Time account. Gusto only has Sick and Holiday codes - any custom codes get transferred over under Holiday in Gusto.
- Employee Sync: This lists any team members you have listed in QuickBooks Time that are not in Gusto. If you want users time to sync to Gusto, make sure they are set up as an employee in Gusto. QuickBooks Time cannot import Suppliers from Gusto.
- Select Continue after completing each, then select Finish.