Learn how to integrate QuickBooks Time with Namely.
Before you integrate
- Make sure job codes and employee IDs are set up in Namely.
- Make sure the payroll ID in QuickBooks Time matches the employee IDs in Namely.
- Make sure jobs or customers in QuickBooks Time match the job codes in Namely.
Integrate QuickBooks Time and Namely
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Feature Add-ons, then Manage Add-ons.
- Find Namely Integration, and select Install.
Export hours from QuickBooks Time to Namely
In QuickBooks Time
- To access the integration, go to Reports, then Namely Export.
- In the Namely Export window, choose the pay period, and select Download XLSX. The spreadsheet should display. If not, open it from the Downloads file on your computer.
- Review the Employee Number column. If any numbers are missing:
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Reports, then Payroll Report.
- Select the corresponding pay period, and select Run Report.
- Next to the names, find the number of hours. If there are duplicate numbers, select + next to the name to view the timesheet details.
- After determining the team member name, go to My Team, and select the team member.
- Next to Payroll ID, enter the Namely Employee ID, and select Save.
- Run the Namely Export report again.
- Go to Namely Payroll.
- Hover over Payroll Centre, and select Upload Hours. Before uploading hours, we recommend you wait until hours have been submitted and approved in QuickBooks Time.
- Make sure the Pay Group and Pay Cycle are correct.
- Select Choose File, and navigate to the Namely spreadsheet you downloaded from QuickBooks Time.
- Select Next.
- Select Save and Validate, then Finish, and select Back.
- Select Run Payroll, then Get Uploaded Hours.
- A spreadsheet for a given pay period can be uploaded again into Namely and it will override the previously imported time data.
- Time can be edited directly in Namely, after the upload. This is recommended if there are only a few employees.
How to read the Namely export spreadsheet
- Employee Number: QuickBooks Time Payroll ID (Employee ID in Namely)
- Hour Type: Regular or Overtime
- Hours: Total hours for given job code and hour type
- Job Code: Job code associated with that time
Note: Time off timesheets appear in the spreadsheet as a “regular” Hour Type and the name of the time off code is in the Job Code column.