Learn how to make a recurring sales receipt in QuickBooks Online.
Do you need to collect payments from your customers every month? Don't worry. QuickBooks lets you schedule recurring sales receipts so you don't have to create one every time. Here’s how.
Create a recurring sales receipt
A recurring sales receipt automatically charges a customer at a given interval.
|Note: If you enter a number in the days in advance field, the charge will process on the date you created the transaction. For example, if you created a sales receipt on the fifth that recurs on the 15th of each month, the charge will process on the fifth.|
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Recurring transactions.
- Select New.
- From the Transaction Type ▼ dropdown, select Sales Receipt, then select OK.
- Enter a template name. This won’t appear on the transaction.
- From the Type ▼ dropdown, select Scheduled.
- Select the customer’s name from the Customer ▼dropdown. Then, verify the email.
Note: You can select Automatically send emails to send notifications to your customer when you process their payment.
- Set the interval. For example, if you need a sales receipt every first day of the month, the interval is Monthly on day 1st of every 1 month.
- Enter the start and end date.
Note: In case there's no end date, select None from the End ▼dropdown.
- From the Payment method ▼ dropdown, select an appropriate payment option.
- Enter all the required product or service details.
- Select Save template.
Note: If you want to personalise your template, select Customise.