Have you successfully set up JobKeeper and are now wondering how to record the payment you receive from the government? Its a two-step process
- Set up an Other Income account for JobKeeper Payment
- Add the payment to the JobKeeper Payment when it comes into your bank feed
If you haven't already set up JobKeeper see:
How to set up an Income account for JobKeeper Payments
The JobKeeper payment is a form of income you are receiving from the government to assist with payments you've already made to your employees.
Note: we recommend you reach out to your accountant or bookkeeper to ensure this account is set up for your business correctly.
- Select Accounting and then Chart of Accounts from the left-hand menu
- Select New
- Select the Account Type Other Income and the Detail Type of Other miscellaneous income
- Enter the Name as JobKeeper Payment
- Select Save and Close
How to add payments to the JobKeeper Payment account once they are received
Once the money has been received you can now add it to the JobKeeper payment account you've just created
If you haven't already connected your bank feeds:
- Select Banking (or Transactions) from the left hand menu
- Select the Card for the bank account the money was received
- Select the JobKeeper payment you receive
- Ensure the top left drop down box is set to Deposit
- Select the drop down for Category and choose JobKeeper Payment
- Select the drop down for Tax Code and choose Out of Scope
- Use the Memo field to detail which month the payment was for. For example "JobKeeper Payment for April payroll"
- Now select the Add button
Your payment has now been recorded in QuickBooks Online.