Learn how to use the QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile app to automatically track your business miles.
If you travel for work and plan to write-off your trips, use the QuickBooks Self-Employed app to track your mileage. All you have to do is turn on the app and let QuickBooks take care of the rest. Here's how to set everything up and start tracking your mileage.
Step 1: Turn on mileage tracking and add a vehicle
If you haven't already, set up the automatic mileage tracking feature.
Step 2: Track business mileage
QuickBooks automatically detects and tracks everything from start to finish.
Just take your mobile device with you and open the QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile app when you start driving. We'll take care of the rest.
Step 3: Categorise your trips
When you’ve reached your destination, review your trip:
- Select Mileage on the menu.
- Find and categorise your trip. To categorise it as Business, swipe left. For Personal, swipe right.
- If this was a business trip, add a business purpose. You can also tag a vehicle, but this is optional.
- When you’re done, select Save.
QuickBooks moves your reviewed trips to the Reviewed tab.
Next steps: Edit or delete an existing trip
- Select Mileage on the menu and then select the Reviewed tab.
- Find and open the trip.
- Select Edit.
- Make your changes.
- Select Save.
To delete a trip, open and edit it. Then select the Trash can icon (Android) or Delete Trip (iPhone).