Learn how to import journal entries in QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: Prep your spreadsheet
Before you import your journal entries, make sure everything looks correct in your spreadsheet which must be saved as a CSV file.
Fill in the required columns:
- Account name
- Journal number
If your spreadsheet has new accounts, be sure to add them in your chart of accounts before importing
Step 2: Import your journal entries
- Select Settings ⚙️, then select Import Data.
- Select Journal Entries.
- On the Download page, select Browse.
- Note: If you need help formatting your journal entries, select Download a sample file.
- Find and select your CSV file. Select Open, then Next.
- Map your information. Your Field represents the headers on your spreadsheet. From each small arrow ▼ icon, select the one that matches a field in QuickBooks Online.
- Select Next.
- Select Start import. If there’s an error, select Download and correct. Then, edit the file and try again.
- Select Done.
Once you’re done, you can use the search function to check and edit the journal entries.