Hi there sales,
You're in the right track! It is possible to add your banking details to your invoices. To do this, you can simply add a footer to your custom invoice.
Note: After the customisation, this change will only apply to the new invoice. If you don't need to show the bank details to some of the invoices, you can delete the banking information when creating.
If the Gear icon is still not working, I do have a few suggestions that we can try. The first solution may resolve the problem or you may need to try all to resolve the issue. For best results, please follow the order shown below:
I don't find this a very good way of saving your information on to invoice.
1) For multi page invoices, using the footer, the payment information is printed on every page.
2) On estimates using the footer, payment information is still displayed even though it's not needed.
3) Using message to customer, the information is not saved in you have to write it every time.
I find it very counterproductive trying to put payment information on my invoices. It should be very simple and convenient but it obviously hasn't been thought about very well.
Hi there Might try Xero,
Thank you for reaching out. I hope I have addressed your concerns below:
1) Yes, using the footer to add your details would place the information at the end of each page. However since this question was posted, a new feature on the Airy New template was released which provides you with a field to input your banking details on the final page of the invoice. You can utilise this by:
2) You don't need to have the same footer on a quote as you do an invoice. Using the Custom Form Styles section again, you can create different templates for Quotes and Invoices so if you prefer, an invoice will display the footer but the quote will not.
3) If saving the 'message to customer' on the template itself, this will carry across to the new invoices created after saving this. Otherwise, you can choose to add it on some but not others when you are creating the invoices.