Note: The IOP Chrome extension is no longer available to add. Use these instructions if you already use this integration option. We recommend checking out our other Intuit integration options for managing payroll.
Get Set Up
Note: You only need to take the first three steps before exporting employees or importing hours to each client for the first time.
- Make sure you have created your client account in Intuit Online Payroll (IOP) > Clients tab.
- Make sure that, in addition to your client, you have a QuickBooks Time account. If you do not yet have one, see How to Get QuickBooks Time on Your Computer.
- Within QuickBooks Time, set up access to your client's QuickBooks Time account. See How to Use Accountant View.
Select a Client
- Sign in to your IOP account.
- On the Clients tab, select a company. QuickBooks Time will return a list of all the clients you have access to in QuickBooks Time.
- Make sure the correct company is selected, and select Select Client. (Note: If this is your first time performing an import or export for this client, you will be asked to sign in to your QuickBooks Time account. In the pop-up, enter your email or QuickBooks Time user name, your password, and select Sign In > Allow.)
After selecting your client's account, you can export employees to and import hours from QuickBooks Time. See How To Set Up and Use the QuickBooks Time + Intuit Online Payroll Integration.