You can easily add a foreign supplier with the corresponding currency you pay them with in QuickBooks Online.
|Note: Multicurrency is only available in QuickBooks Online Essentials and Plus.|
How to turn on the Multicurrency feature
The Multicurrency feature must be first enabled.
- Go to the Settings ⚙ icon.
- Select Account and Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Edit ✎ in the Currency section, then choose your Home Currency.
- Select the Multicurrency box to turn the feature on, then select Save.
|Warning: Once multicurrency is turned on, the home currency is set and cannot be changed.|
How to add a foreign supplier in the supplier list
Here’s how to add a foreign supplier in the supplier list:
- From the left menu, select Expenses, then Suppliers.
- Select New Supplier.
- Enter the supplier's name and other information.
- From the I pay this supplier with ▼ drop-down menu, select the appropriate currency. This is the currency that you use to pay for this suppliers products and services.
- Select Save.
How to add a foreign supplier in a form
Here's how to add a foreign supplier in a form:
- Select the Create icon ⨁.
- Under Suppliers, select Bill.
- From the Supplier (Choose a supplier ▼ drop-down menu, select Add New.
- Enter the supplier's name.
- From the Currency ▼ drop-down menu, select the appropriate currency.
- Select Save.
You're now able to add a foreign supplier in the supplier list or form.