I've just started using the 'Capture and categorise expense receipts and bills' function. I've noticed that when it converts the date from the receipt, its changing it to the American format, ie. mm/dd/yy instead of the Australian standard of dd/mm/yy (which is what is on the receipt). For example, Quickbooks has picked up the date of 12/03/2020 for an expense which was actually an expense on 03/12/2020. This results in a no match to the expense in banking. I then have to manually change the date to 03/12/2020.
Is there a setting that can be changed so that when it scans in it uses the standard dd/mm/yy format? Note that my preferences in main settings for Quickbooks is set for dd/mm/yy. Its only in the capture + categorise expense function that it changes it.
Welcome and thanks for visiting the Community, @becsurian.
We received reports regarding users having the same issue with the date format of the scanned receipts. A ticket has been created and forwarded to our Product Engineers for further investigation. They're now working to fix this as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, I suggest contacting our Support team so they can add your details to our notification list. This will also help our Engineers determine the number of affected users. An email notification will be sent to you once this has been resolved. I'll also inform you here when we get the update as well.