QuickBooks supports exporting to the .mye file type. This can be used to import transactional data for one financial year, chart of accounts details and basic company information into MYOB Accountants Office (AO) and MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE), supporting tax and other end of financial year workflows. To export this file, follow these steps:
- This functionality is only available to accountants and bookkeepers.
- The exported .mye file is not compatible with MYOB MAS Ledger.
Step 1: Export the .mye file
- Make sure you have accountant access to your client's file and login via your QuickBooks Online Accountant account.
- Select the briefcase (Accountant Tools) icon. Then select Prep for taxes.
- Select the financial year you would like to export data for and select the appropriate accounting method (accrual or cash basis).
- Select on the down arrow to the right of the Export to LodgeiT button and select Export to MYOB (.mye).
Step 2: Import the .mye file into MYOB AO/AE
Before importing the file into MYOB AO/AE, you will need to create a client file in the system. Once you have that, there should be a mechanism for importing data. Once you have imported the data, you will be prompted to map the chart of accounts from the .mye file to the chart of accounts that is being used in MYOB AO/AE.
Tip: You can save time importing the .mye file if you make the chart of accounts in QuickBooks consistent with the chart of accounts for the same client in MYOB AO/AE. This includes enabling account numbers in QuickBooks and using the same account number as in MYOB AO/AE.