Learn how to attach a receipt to a transaction or create a new transaction from a receipt.
There are several ways you can enter transactions on the mobile app. You can even create a new transaction from a picture of your receipt. All you need to do is select the photo on your phone or tablet.
Add a receipt to an existing transaction
- Go to the Transactions tab
- Tap the transaction you want to attach the receipt to.
- Select Attach receipt.
- Choose an image from your camera roll, or select Take photo.
- When you're ready, select Save.
Create a new transaction from a receipt
- Go to the Transactions tab, then tap the Plus (+) sign.
- Select Snap receipt.
- Choose a photo from your camera roll, or take a new picture. QuickBooks Self-Employed will take the info from the receipt and enter it for you. While it's working, you'll see your receipt in the Pending section.
- Go to the Needs Action section. Then open and review your transaction.
- If you need to, add or correct any details. When you’re ready, select Save.
You can also check out the receipt forwarding feature to get receipts from your email.