Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community forum, @roscohanson1.
Once you've completed all the set up on your QuickBooks Online (QBO) account, the Setup Guide that is showing on the Dashboard will be removed. Temporarily, you have the option to hide it by clicking the Hide link at the upper right hand.
Also, to isolate the issue, let's first use a private browser. Some function modules may be affected by outdated cache files, which can slow down and affect QuickBooks functionalities.
Here's how to open it:
Once logged in, go back to the Dashboard page and check if everything looks fine. If it works, then your main browser causes this kind of issue. To ensure this doesn't happen again, it's a good idea to clear the cache of the browser you're using.
However, if the issue persists, I recommend using another supported and up-to-date browser.
Please keep me posted how things go on your end. I want to ensure this gets resolve for you. I'm always here to help. Take care.
This does not work.
I have spent over an hour on the phone with support and they made such a mess of my system purging data that I had to delete everything and start again under a new email address.
Please read the following carefully:
1) The Paypal setup is forcing Paypal but not everyone wants that. So expecting that to be done to complete the setup is flawed logic.
2) I followed the logic anyway to try and stop the message and so I set up Paypal (even though I don't want it), but the system goes in to a perpetual loop. It sets up Paypal, it shows on the invoices but the Setup Guide doesn't recognise it. It continually asks for it to be setup and loops the setup process over and over again. (Pic attached)
3) I even went to the trouble of creating an invoice AND paying it WITH Paypal but the setup guide still shows it as not setup. This is a bug and a flaw as confirmed with support.
4) You can see that the "Add the Finishing Touches" is still greyed out (picture attached) despite both items showing as ticked. (pic attached) This is a clear and obvious bug
5) You can see that Paypal shows as not setup despite it being setup and able to pay invoices with Paypal.
Developers please note:
1) Please don't FORCE Paypal, not everyone wants it. It is an expensive payment solution which is not appropriate for B2B businesses with high value low volume transactions.
2) Please allow the users to remove the setup guide COMPLETELY. We don't want a half hidden setup guide that forever sits at the top of the dashboard as the first thing we read reminding us for eternity that your code is buggy and inflexible.
3) I have been a Quickbooks users for decades and one of the early adopters on Quickbooks online. I know this program extremely well. I am 100% setup and the setup guide doesn't believe me. Trust me I know more about this than the setup guide. It is flawed and buggy.
I can see the importance of keeping the QuickBooks Online (QBO) dashboard updated with the setup data you've entered, @roscohanson1. That's why I'm here to guide you on the next actions you need to take care of your Setup Guide issue.
The security of your account is our top priority here in the Community. With this, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care team again. They can create a case investigation and notify our product engineers about the Setup Guide issue in your QBO dashboard.
There are two ways on how to contact our support team. You can either start a chat or get a callback at the time of your convenience. For the detailed steps, here's how"
I've attached a screenshot below for your reference.
Additionally, I'd also recommend posting your concern to our Developers page. This way, you can get an immediate response directly from our developers. Here's how:
I've attached screenshots below that show the first four steps.
In the meantime, I'm adding this article to further guide you in effectively managing your business using QBO: Help articles for QuickBooks Online. It includes topics about getting started with the program, banking, and reports to name a few.
Please let me know if you have other concerns. I'm just around to help. Take care always.
Has anyone worked out how to get rid of the set up guide. It is really annoying. Have tried on chrome, explorer and edge. Cleared out all cache's . This thing wont budge. Please please please add a button to remove !!!
Hi there, Lisa.
Thanks for joining us here!
The Setup Guide helps us to fully understand how QuickBooks Online works especially for beginners. You'll want to hide it by clicking the Hide button.
The best way to remove it permanently on your dashboard is by completing the guide. You'll see a green checkmark if you finished the steps.
I understand that you don't want to see this. You'll want to follow the steps shared by Rea_M if you want to notify our product team.
Keep on posting here if you need anything else. Stay safe!
No it’s still buggy.
They try and say that you need to finish the setup but that is not correct. Setup can be completed and the annoying guide is still there.
I have spent hours on the phone with Support and they just totally stuffed my setup, purged my data and created a massive mess.
It needs an option to REMOVE not HIDE but QuickBooks is still in denial that this is a problem.
We need more people like you to post about this issue so they start to listen and stop thinking they know better than us.
I’ve probably been using QuickBooks for longer than the coders have been alive.
It is buggy, assumes wrong ideals as to how people want it setup and needs a remove button.
Did you happen to get this sorted?