Simplify your payroll by setting up deductions which can be automatically paid to a bank account or super fund as well as set to automatically expire after a certain date or time.
The first thing you need to do to start using deductions is to set up your deduction categories. This allows you to set up specific deduction categories which can be tailored to the needs of your business.
Setting up deduction categories
- Select Employees from the left-hand menu
- Select the Payroll Settings tab then select Deduction Categories (located under Pay Run Settings).
- Select Add and enter a Name for the Deduction
- Enter the Deduction Type and any other relevant fields, then select Save
Setting up a deduction for an employee
Follow these steps to set up a deduction for an employee:
- Select Employees from the left-hand menu, then select the employee you wish to add the deduction to
- Select Pay Run Inclusions from the left-hand menu, then select the Add button next to Deductions.
- Select the Deduction Type and Amount
- Select the method This deduction should be paid
- Enter any other relevant fields (including start and end dates), then select Save
The next time you process pay run that includes this employee, the deduction will automatically appear.
Note: For Child Support Agency (CSA) deductions the employee's reference number goes in the Payment Reference field.
Checking the status of a deduction
Once you’ve set up your deductions, a summary of the deductions can be viewed by returning to Pay Run inclusions, this will include:
- The amount or date at which the deduction will expire
- The start date of the deductions
- Whether or not the deduction has actually expired
- For amount based expiries, the current amount that has been paid
- The payment type setup for this deduction
Content sourced from KeyPay