How to setup and process a pay run
Looking to create a pay run?
- Select Employees from the left-hand menu, then select New Pay Run
- Select any applicable settings then select Create
- Update the pay run as needed, then select Finalise Pay Run
Note: Select an employee and then Actions to add adjustments to an employee’s earnings.
Need more help with creating a pay run?
- Pay Schedule: This dropdown will list all the pay schedules you have set up. Select the applicable pay schedule for the pay run you wish to create.
- Pay Period Ending: If you are creating a pay run for this pay schedule for the first time, you will need to enter the pay period end date applicable to the pay run. Future pay runs created for the same pay schedule will then automatically add the pay period end date based on the first date added and the frequency of the pay run. You are only able to enter a pay period end date but once you enter the end date you will see the pay period start date populate. (Note: You cannot edit/change the start date of a pay run.)
- Date pay run will be paid: If this is your first pay run for this pay schedule, you will need to enter the paid date applicable to the pay run. Future pay runs created for the same pay schedule will then automatically add the paid date based on the first date added and the frequency of the pay run. (Note: the paid date of a pay run is what the system will use to determine the month the figures from the pay run will be included in for reporting purposes).
- Manually add employees to pay run: You can select this option if you do not want all employees (that are normally included in the pay schedule) to appear and would prefer to manually add employees to the pay run (by using the Add Employees option from Actions). When creating the pay run with this option selected, no employees will appear in the pay run. This option is useful if you are creating an ad-hoc pay run to process pay adjustments, bonuses, etc for a specific group of employees. (Note: that selecting this option will remove the Import Timesheets options).
- Create pay run with empty pays: If you select this option, all employees with this paid schedule as their default will appear in the pay run but they will all have $0 earnings, any employee default earnings, standard work hours or pay run inclusions will not appear in the pay run. This option is useful when processing an ad-hoc pay run for adjustments, bonuses, etc and want to start with a blank canvas. (Note: that selecting this option will remove the Import Timesheets options).
- Import Timesheets: If timesheets are enabled in your business and there are timesheets to be processed, you will be provided with additional options for importing timesheets into the pay run:
- Timesheets for this pay period: This will include all approved timesheets applicable for the pay period selected above.
- All unpaid timesheets up to dd/mm/yyyy: This will include all approved timesheets applicable for the pay period selected above as well as any other approved/unprocessed timesheets relating to previous pay periods.
- Don't import timesheets: Select this option if you are processing a pay run and do not want to import any approved timesheets: