Learn about deleting a pay or update event.
Pay events and update events that have been lodged to the Australian Tax Office (ATO) cannot be deleted. This is because the information has already been received by the ATO.
If you need to update the YTD, Super contributions or other reportable components, you can do so in a subsequent pay event or you can run an ad-hoc pay run to account for the differences between what was reported and what actually occurred.
For further guidance, you can reach out to the Australian Tax Office: https://www.ato.gov.au/About-ATO/Contact-us/
If you have not lodged the update event it can be deleted:
- Select Employees from the left-hand menu.
- Within Employees select the Reports tab.
- Select Single Touch Payroll (under ATO Reporting).
- Select the update event you wish to delete.
- Select the Delete Update Event.
- Select Delete.
Content sourced from KeyPay