This article explains how to make changes to the contacts, address, phone number and payment information for your QuickBooks Desktop account.
Change contact, address, phone, or email information
Note the following:
- only a Primary Contact already listed on your account can authorize adding a new contact
- if you need to change the Primary Contact listed in your account, please be advised that we'll need to speak to the existing Primary Contact on file. If it's not possible for us to speak with them, you'll be asked to send us the information listed below so we can make the change. Once we receive this email from you, it takes up to four days to process. You'll receive an email confirmation once it's been completed.
Email the information below to BackOffice_Fax@intuit.com in the following format:
In the "Subject" line of the email: Primary Contact Change Request
Include the following in the body of the email:
- Reason for change request:
- Customer Account Number (CAN):
- Requester name/new primary contact:
- Current primary contact:
- New email address:
- New contact number:
- A scanned image of proof of business membership, such as business card or form with company letterhead
Here's how you can update the payment information on your account
Use our self-serve tool at www.quickbooks.ca/accountupdate if you know your customer and subscription number (found on your billing receipt).
- NEW! You may be asked to create an Intuit account prior to using the tool. If you don't have one, you need to Create Account using the primary contacts email address and phone number. You can proceed to Sign In if you already have an Intuit Account.
- updating your payment information using this tool does not clear any outstanding balance on the same day. If you are a monthly subscriber, we will attempt to clear any outstanding balance by charging the new card on your next billing date. If you are an annual subscriber, we will attempt to charge the new card in the following month. You may continue to receive missed payment notices from Intuit until the payment is successful.
- if you miss two consecutive payments, we may temporarily suspend your access to the product. You need to contact QuickBooks Desktop support to settle the outstanding balance and regain access.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop support to update your payment information if you're unable to locate your customer and subscription numbers.
To switch from credit card payments to pre-authorized payments, complete the Pre-Authorized Payment Authorization form.