Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is a library file required to run applications developed with Visual C++. QuickBooks Desktop automatically installs the correct version of Visual C++ in your computer. If the Visual C++ installation is damaged or removed, you must reinstall it.
IMPORTANT: These steps focus on the Windows operating system, which is not an Intuit product. If you are not comfortable doing these steps on your own, contact your computer's manufacturer or Microsoft.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++
- Close all open programs.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type in Control Panel and click OK.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- On the list of programs, select the version of Microsoft Visual C++ for your version of QuickBooks.QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier and Enterprise: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Click Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the program.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
If you used a CD to install QuickBooks:
- Insert the QuickBooks CD in your CD drive. If the QuickBooks installation window opens, close it.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+E to open the Computer window.
- Browse to D:\ThirdParty\CRT9 or D:\ThirdParty\CRT8, where D: is your CD drive letter.
- Double-click vc_red.msi or vcredist_x86.exe and follow the prompts to install the software.
If you do not have a QuickBooks CD at hand, download and install Microsoft Visual C++ from the Microsoft Web site.