Employee has checked off total income is less than TD1 total claim amount . How do I set up QBO standard payroll to not withhold tax for this employee?
QuickBooks Online makes it easy for you to incorporate a powerful payroll software with the rest of your books. This saves you tons of time, and keeps things organized all in one place. It's great that you've chosen Standard Payroll for your business.
Standard Payroll allows you to withhold taxes from your employees when necessary and appropriate. I'll explain how to make sure your employee is tax exempt.
1. Click the Employees tab on the left navigation menu.
2. Select the employee you need to edit by clicking on their name from the list.
3. Click the small pencil icon next to Pay.
4. Click the small pencil icon next to Question 2 - What are the tax withholdings?
5. Click the small drop-down arrow next to Tax exemptions.
6. Make the necessary adjustments.
7. Click Done.
That's all there is to it! I'd recommend consulting with your accountant if you haven't already in order to make sure the taxes are set up according to government regulations in your province. If you're not already connected to an accountant, you can find one in your area here: Find an Accountant.