Running payroll with QuickBooks Online is an awesome way to streamline your bookkeeping and stay organized. I know how important it is to set up the best pay schedule to suit your needs. While QBO allows you to set up multiple pay schedules, you may wish to keep all of your employees on the same one to make things simple. If you've accidentally set up each employee on a different schedule, I'd be happy to explain how to change that so they all align.
The steps will vary depending on which version of payroll you're using. If you're not sure whether you have Standard or Advanced Payroll, click the Employees tab and look for the banner that says, "Powered by Wagepoint". If you see that banner, you're using Advanced Payroll. If not, you've got the Standard service.
If you're using Standard Payroll, follow these steps to change your employee's pay schedule:
1. Click the Employees tab on the left navigation menu.
2. Select the employee from the list, then click Edit Employee.
3. Scroll down to Question 3 - How often do you pay this employee?
4. Select the drop-down menu to select a new pay schedule. You'll want to select the same one for all 8 employees to ensure they're all on the same schedule.
5. Click Done.
If you're using Advanced Payroll powered by Wagepoint, follow these steps:
1. Click the Gear icon.
2. Select Advanced Payroll Settings.
3. Click Add Payroll Settings.
This section has three tabs: Set up Pay groups, Income, and Deductions.
- Pay schedule - Add employees and contractor to pay groups. To help you get started we've automatically added some default groups.
- Select Add pay schedule
- You can choose from 5 frequencies: Weekly, Bi-weekly, Semi-monthly, Monthly, or Quarterly
- After choosing a Frequency, you can Name it in the field provided
- Select Done when completed
That's all there is to it. Once you've adjusted all employees to be on the same pay schedule, you'll be able to process a single pay run for everyone.
If you're still in need of assistance, I'd suggest reaching out to our tech support team. We're always here to help.