Learn how to update an employee's direct deposit bank account.
Do you need to make a change to an employee's direct deposit bank account? We'll show you how for QuickBooks Online Payroll.
|Note: Before changing an employee's bank information, we recommend that the employee first fill out a new DD authorization form.|
Before you get started
You can use the following sets of steps to update the accounts in several ways.
- Change from manual cheque to direct deposit, or vice versa.
- Change direct deposit from one bank account to split direct deposit between two bank accounts, or vice versa.
- Change direct deposit to split between direct deposit and manual cheque or vice versa.
A few things to consider:
- If an employee's pay method is temporarily changed from direct deposit to cheque, their bank information retains when their pay method is changed back to DD.
Update an employee's account
Once you make the following updates the changes are effective immediately but aren't retroactive.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Select Employees.
- Select the name of the employee.
- Select Edit ✎ next to How do you want to pay [employee]?
- Enter the employee's new bank account info.
- Select OK.
- Select Done.