Learn how to set up overtime tracking in QuickBooks Time.
Note: Only account administrators can set up overtime tracking.
- Go to Company Settings > Payroll & Overtime > Overtime.
- Make your selections:
- Calculate weekly overtime after: Specify the maximum number of regular (non-overtime) hours per team member per week. The default is 40 hours per week.
- Also calculate daily overtime after: Specify the number of regular (non-overtime) hours per team member per day. The default is 8 hours per day.
- Also calculate daily double time after: Specifiy the number of hours, both regular and overtime, per team member per day. The default is 12 hours per day.
- California overtime rules: When checked, any time worked in excess of eight hours and up to and including 12 hours per day and for the first eight hours worked on the seventh consecutive day of work in the work week is counted as overtime. Any time worked in excess of 12 hours in one day and in excess of eight hours on the seventh consecutive day of work in the work week is counted as double-time.
- If you need more advanced overtime options, select Use Pay Rate Engine at the bottom of that window, to install the Pay Rate Engine. See: How to Configure and Change Advanced Overtime Settings
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I select the California overtime rules? Check "Calculate weekly overtime after" first
Does PTO count toward OT calculations? No, only working hours count towards overtime
Where will I see the overtime calculated? On the QuickBooks Time payroll report and a variety of other report options
See also: About Company Settings