Learn how to use the GST/HST Detail report in QuickBooks Online to see how much sales tax you owe.
Note: The tax report will change depending on the Province you select. For example, if you select Sales tax for Quebec, then you can select the GST/QST Detail report.
Get a detailed look at the taxes you owe and why you owe them. Run the GST/HST Detail report to view your sales tax info anytime. This helps you make sure everything is accurate before you file your return to your tax agency.
Run the GST/HST Detail report
The GST/HST Detail report is a summary of your taxable and non-taxable sales, plus the total sales tax you collected from customers. Here's how to run the report.
- Go to Reports.
- In the Find report by name field, search for "GST/HST Detail report". Then, select the report.
- Select the Report period ▼ dropdown. Choose the correct date range depending on how often you file your tax.
- Select the Tax Agency ▼ dropdown. Then, select All or choose just one tax agency.
- Select Run report.
- Look at the Tax Amount column. Here, you can view the total tax amounts you collected from your customers. This includes totals for province rate and local tax rates (such as city, county, and/or district).
- To get a detailed look at what you owe, select any tax amount. This opens a transaction report that shows how much tax you charged in each sale. This also shows you more info, like customers, transaction dates, and tax rate.
File your sales tax return
QuickBooks tracks your tax payment due dates in one place so you can avoid late returns and extra fees.