Find answers to frequently asked questions about moving your data to QuickBooks Online.
In QuickBooks Online, you can transfer data from your previous accounting program, making it easier to get started.
To start the conversion process, you need the following:
- Your company file details
- Your current financial records. Note: If your file is password protected, include your login credentials.
- Your QuickBooks Online account. Note: If you don't have a QuickBooks Online subscription call Intuit at 1-888-829-8589 or subscribe online before continuing.
Migrations from our Desktop products to QuickBooks Online can be completed in up to two hours after your data is uploaded, while it can take up to 72 hours for the DataSwitcher to complete the conversion when migrating from Sage 50.
When migrating from Sage 50 and Xero, (coming soon) you may transfer up to two years of your data to QuickBooks Online for free through DataSwitcher. Follow the links in the section below to migrate from our Desktop products to Online.
Currently, we offer conversion services for the software versions below:
- QuickBooks Desktop - Learn more about migrating your data from QuickBooks Desktop
- Sage 50 Accounting - Learn more about migrating your data from Sage 50
- Excel/CSV - Learn more about migrating your lists
- Xero - coming soon
- Acomba - coming soon