Unpaid days off happen. Here’s how to account for them.
Set up unpaid time off policy:
- Select the Gear icon, then Payroll Settings.
- In the Payroll section, select Paid time off or Unpaid time off.
- Add a Description.
- Adjust Accrual Frequency, Hours earned per year and Maximum available.
Assign unpaid time off policy to an employee:
- Select Employees.
- Select the name of the employee.
- Select Edit employee.
- Select Add additional pay types.
- Select "Even more ways to pay..."
- Select Unpaid time off.