Find out how to use the business performance dashboard to advise your clients in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
The business performance dashboard can help you zoom in on time periods and key metrics, so you can get a quick look at some of the things that matter most to your client's business.
You can see the financial health of the business and the areas you can confidently advise them. Here’s how to use it.
How to get to the business performance dashboard
- Select Clients, then select the client’s name.
- Select Overview, then select Business Performance.
How to use key metrics
Key metrics compare how your client is doing financially against the prior time period. You can compare key metrics like income, expenses, or profit margins.
To adjust the time period:
- Select the Current period dropdown, then choose the time period.
- Select the Compare to dropdown, then choose the time period.
If you see a:
- Green circle: The numbers look better compared to the past period.
- Orange circle: The numbers aren’t doing as well as in the past period.
How to use trends
Trends will show you the financial performance of your client's business over the last 12 months. You can use trends to compare time periods and to help find the areas where your client should improve or need to dig deeper.
How to export a performance report
To export a report for a client:
- Select Export, then add your notes to the report.
- Choose to download it as an Excel file or PDF.