Learn how to personalize and add specific info to your sales forms.
QuickBooks Online gives you the tools to create personalized and professional-looking invoices, estimates, and sales receipts.
Customizing the appearance and layout of sales forms is a simple yet effective way to enhance your business' communications. You don’t need to be a designer to make eye-catching forms. And you get to decide what info your customers see and only add the info that matters most to your business.
|Your estimates or invoices will look different depending on whether you have the old or new estimate and invoice experience. Find out which experience you have.
Customize the look and info on your forms
Customize invoices and estimates with the new layout
With the new version of invoicing and estimates, you can update and personalize your forms as you’re creating them. All the tools you need to customize invoices and estimates are on the form itself.
Keep in mind that any customizations or logo updates you make on your invoices or estimates will apply to all existing and future invoices and estimates. And any edits to your company info will update your company info everywhere in QuickBooks.
Here’s how to customize invoices:
- To customize invoices:
- Go to Sales, then select Invoices (Take me there).
- Select Create invoice to create a new invoice. Or, to edit an existing one, find the invoice from the list and select View/Edit from the dropdown ▼ under the Action column.
- To customize estimates:
- Go to Sales, then select Customers (Take me there).
- Select a customer, then select Estimate from the New transaction dropdown ▼ to create a new estimate. Or, to edit an existing one, find an estimate from the list and select View/Edit from the dropdown ▼ under the Action column.
- To update your company info, select Edit company on the form. Make changes as needed, and then select Save.
- To edit your company logo, select the logo on the form. Then select an image from your computer, and select Open to update the logo.
- To add or remove fields, change the colour scheme, or turn on payments on invoices, select Manage ⚙, if not selected already.
- Select the dropdown ▼ for each section to see customization options.
- Choose what info displays on your form by turning the switches on or off. The form preview updates as you make changes.
- Select Payment options or Discounts and Fees to customize payment options, or turn them off.
Note: Payment processing is an add-on service.
- Optionally, in case of invoices, select Automation to set up a Recurring invoice.
Note: This option takes you to the recurring invoice form.
- When you're finished customizing, select Save.