Learn how to review and download transactions.
There are a few ways to get transaction info in QuickBooks Self-Employed. You can go to the Reports menu and run financial reports. Or, if you want a detailed list of all your transactions, you can export them into a CSV file.
Run financial reports
- In QuickBooks Self-Employed, go to the Reports menu.
- Find the report you want to download.
- Select the time period or tax year from the dropdown.
- Select View or Download.
- Select the arrow icon ▼ and then the Print or Download.
Download your transactions
- Go to the Transactions menu.
- Use the Type, Account, and Time period ▼ dropdowns to sort the transactions.
- Select the Export icon. Note: Receipts aren't exported. You can download them from specific transactions. Or go to the Reports menu and download all of your receipts for specific tax years.
Tip: If you need to make changes or reorganize your transactions, it's best to do it in QuickBooks Self-Employed. If you reimport the CSV, some info, like categories, won't show up correctly. You need to recategorize your transactions after you import.