Learn how to upload your receipts and bills to QuickBooks Online.
Save time tracking and recording your receipts and bills from suppliers. You can upload them to QuickBooks Online from your computer or mobile device, or even from your email account.
After you upload your receipt or bill, QuickBooks extracts info from it and creates a transaction for you to review. Then, you can edit the receipt or bill, add it to an account, or match it to an existing transaction in the Receipts tab.
Step 1: Upload receipts and bills to QuickBooks
There are several ways to add receipts or bills. Follow whichever you prefer.
- We don’t recommend uploading receipts or bills with sensitive or personal info, like credit card numbers and government identifiers.
- QuickBooks supports PDF, JPEG, JPG, GIF, and PNG images. If you have a newer iPhone or iPad, your images might be in the HEIC format. You can convert HEIC images to a compatible format.
Upload receipts or bills from your computer
Snap a photo of your receipt or bill on your mobile device
You can use the QuickBooks Online mobile app to capture and upload receipts and bills from your mobile device.
- Open the QuickBooks Online mobile app.
- Select the Menu ≡ icon.
- Select Receipt snap.
- Select the Camera icon and snap a photo of your receipt or bill.
- Select Use this photo, then Done.
Note: Does your Android device make a beeping sound when you capture receipts? Here's how to turn it off.
Email receipts or bills to QuickBooks
If you have a receipt or bill, you can also email your receipt or bill to QuickBooks Online. We’ll extract info from it and create a transaction for you to review.
Step 2: Review, add, or match receipts and bills
Now you've uploaded your receipts and bills to QuickBooks. These are not in your books yet. You need to review, edit, add, or match those to existing transactions first. Here’s how.