QuickBooks Online can show you how many customers you have in your company file.
- Go to Get paid & pay and select Customers (Take me there).
- To change the number of rows shown on the list, select the Gear icon above the Action column, then select the Rows dropdown.
- To see the total customer count, scroll to the bottom of the Customers screen.
Note: If there are more customers in your QuickBooks Online company file than what shows on the first page, select Last and the complete customer count will be on that page.
If you would like a report of customers for mailing lists or to have all of their info on a list, you can export your Customer Contact List to Excel.
- Go to Business overview and select Reports (Take me there).
- Locate and choose the Customer Contact List report.
- (Optional) To customize the report, select Customize at the top.
- Select Email, Print, or Export.
- If exporting, select Export to Excel.
Once the file has been exported to Excel, you can sort the data based on different criteria (i.e., address, currency, open balance amounts, etc.).