Currently, QuickBooks Online does not have a commission calculation feature. However, you can track your sales by employee, sales rep, etc. by using one of two tracking features: Class Tracking and Location Tracking.
Follow these steps to turn on the Class Tracking and/or Location Tracking features:
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- From the left menu select Company (if you accessed this menu through Account and Settings, select Advanced)
- Select the Pencil next to Categories.
- Select the box next to Track Classes or Track Locations, as needed.
Now you can create a Class or Location list.
To access them: Go to Settings ⚙️, then select All Lists.
You can add your sales people as either a Class or a Location to enable you to track their sales individually.
When you enter in transactions, you'll have fields for Class and/or Location. You can select the salesperson associated with that transaction.
To find out how much each salesperson sold, you can run sales reports by Class or Location. You can also run profit and loss reports by Class or Location:
- Go to Reports (Take me there).
- In the search bar, enter "Sales by Class" or "Sales by Location."
- If you need to run a Profit and Loss, enter "Profit and Loss by Class" or "Profit and Loss by Location."
- Select the desired report from the search results.
|Note:||Your reports may or may not display transactions based on your accounting method (cash basis or accrual basis.) You can change the accounting method on a report; the instructions are in How do I change the accounting method for my company?|