Using QuickBooks Time (QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and QuickBooks Online Payroll Elite)
- Go to Workers and select Employees.
- Select the employee you want to invite.
- Select Edit ✎ next to Pay.
- In the Personal info section, add your employee's email address and select Invite this employee to track and record hours they work. Note that this is only available if you are using QuickBooks Time.
- Select Done. Your employee receives the invitation through email.
Need to resend QuickBooks Time invite? You can go back to this screen, then select Resend.
Using QuickBooks Weekly Time Sheets
There are 2 ways to let someone fill out a timesheet:
- Let the user fill out everyone's timesheets.
- Let the user only fill out their own timesheet.
There are two ways to restrict a user to only give them access to their own time sheet.
- If the user is an ordinary user (without access to All or Customer & Sales access), you can set their access rights to only access their own time sheet.
- You can create a unique profile for the user as a Time Tracking Only user. The user only has access to his or her own time sheets. When the user logs in, they'll see a special version of QuickBooks Online Plus that shows time sheets for that user, and no other features.
Create a Time Tracking Only user
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Manage Users.
- Select New.
- Select Time Tracking Only user.
- Enter the user's email address. They will get an invite that they'll need to accept. (The Time Tracking Only user will be prompted to create an Intuit account if they don't have one.)
- Once the user has accepted the invite, they can log in QuickBooks Online to perform time tracking.
If the Time Tracking Only user can't see the invite email, please follow the steps above and resend it. Always remember to check junk and spam folders to see if filter settings have blocked emails.