Learn how to integrate QuickBooks Time with Sage 50 and import your timesheets to Sage.
Before you integrate
In QuickBooks Time
- In My Team, select each team member and make sure either the username or payroll ID for each one matches their Sage ID.
- If a payroll ID isn't entered into QuickBooks Time, the ID column is populated with the username, so either one can be set up to match.
- Suppliers aren't included, only employees
- Jobs in QuickBooks Time must match job IDs in Sage
- The export only reads the lowest level child job code in QuickBooks Time
- Time off isn't tracked. Any time off code will be labelled as a job ID and indicated as “regular” hours.
- The invoicing add-on must be installed if you want to indicate whether time for a job is billable within QuickBooks Time:
- The Billing Status column is “1” (billable) if the billable box for that job code is selected, “2” (non-billable) if it’s unchecked.
- The Billing Rate column is populated if the rate is filled out for the billable job in QuickBooks Time
- If the invoicing feature isn't installed, all time is transferred non-billable (“2”), but can be adjusted once the time is in Sage.
- If you have a QuickBooks integration, there's no way to to mark timesheets or jobs as billable.
- In Sage, an inventory item must be created called LABOUR-QBTime, and its class set to Activity Item.
- This is necessary as our CSV export auto-populates the Activity Item ID column with this option, and it must be set up to match in Sage.
- There can only be one Labour item in Sage.
- Ensure everything matches for above QuickBooks Time steps (Payroll IDs, Job IDs, etc.).
Install the integration
Note: This integration isn't compatible with all versions of Sage 50. Reach out to our Support team to see if we can make adjustments to fit your needs.
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Feature Add-ons, then select Manage Add-ons.
- In the list, find Sage 50, and select Install.
Export timesheet data to Sage 50
In QuickBooks Time
- Select Reports, then Sage 50 Export.
- Next to Report Dates, select a pay period and date range.
- Choose which employees you want included in the report.
- Select Download CSV, and save the file.
- Select File, then select Import/Export.
- Select Time/Expense, then Time Ticket Register, and Import.
- Select the Options tab, and select the .csv file you exported from QuickBooks Time.
- Select the First Row Contains Headings checkbox, then Ok.
If you need to make changes to your data, you have 2 options:
Option 1: We recommend importing your file again into Sage. Only one spreadsheet for a select date range and employees can be imported.
- In Sage, delete the Time and Expense Tickets.
- In QuickBooks Time, make any timesheet edits needed, and Download CSV.
- Import the spreadsheet again for the same employees and date range.
Option 2: You can edit timesheets in Sage after you upload them. Make sure you make changes in QuickBooks Time as well to match the edits you made in Sage.
Read the Sage 50 Export spreadsheet
- Employee/Supplier: 0 (zero)
- Recorded by ID: The employee's QuickBooks Time Payroll ID (default). If one was not set, the report will use their QuickBooks Time username. These need to match the Employee ID in Sage.
- Ticket Number: A unique ID assigned by QuickBooks Time for the timesheet
- Ticket Date: The date the work was performed.
- Has been used in Sales/Invoicing: Always "false"
- Invoice Number Used: Blank
- Activity Item ID: Always "LABOUR-QUICKBOOKS TIME." In Sage create a new Inventory Item with the Item ID named "LABOUR-QUICKBOOKS TIME" and the Item Class set to "Activity Item."
- Customer/Job/Adm: Always 2, which coincides with Job.
- Completed for ID: The job code in QuickBooks Time. Must match a Job ID in Sage.
- Pay Level: 1 = regular time. 2 = overtime and double time.
- Has been used in Payroll: Salaried employees: True; Otherwise: False
- Manual/Timed Option: 0 = manually entered (total hour), 1 = clock in/out timesheet
- Start Time: Clock-in time; Blank if hours entered another way
- End Time: Clock-out time; Blank if hours entered in another way
- Break: Paid breaks only
- Duration: If hours were entered manually
- Internal Memo: Blank
- Billing Type: 2: Corresponds to Activity Range in Sage
- Billing Status: In QuickBooks Time, 1: If the job code is billable; 2: Not billable
- Unit Duration: Blank
- Billing Amount: 0.00 (calculated by Sage during import)
- Ticket Description for Invoicing: Blank