Note: This integration is not compatible with all versions of Sage 50. Reach out to our Support team to see if we can make adjustments to fit your needs.
Install the integration
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Feature Add-ons, then select Manage Add-ons.
- In the list, find Sage 50, and select Install.
Export timesheet data to Sage 50
- From the left menu under Reports, select Sage 50 Export.
- Next to Report Dates, select a pay period and date range.
- Do one of the following:
- To include all employees in the spreadsheet: Leave Filter by set to all employees.
- To include select employees in the spreadsheet: Select all employees, select the employees or groups, then OK.
- Select Download CSV, and save the file.
- In Sage, select File, then select Import/Export.
- Select Time/Expense, then Time Ticket Register and Import.
- Select the Options tab, and select the .csv file you exported from QuickBooks Time.
- Select the First Row Contains Headings checkbox, then OK.
Note: The same spreadsheet can only be imported once. Attempting to re-import the same file (or downloading a new file from QuickBooks Time for the same users/timeframe with minor adjustments) will result in an error in Sage. To fix this, delete the Time and Expense Tickets in Sage, then re-import.
Read the Sage 50 Export spreadsheet
- Employee/Supplier: 0 (zero)
- Recorded by ID: The employee's QuickBooks Time Payroll ID (default). If one was not set, the report will use their QuickBooks Time username. These need to match the Employee ID in Sage.
- Ticket Number: A unique ID assigned by QuickBooks Time for the timesheet
- Ticket Date: The date the work was performed.
- Has been used in Sales/Invoicing: Always "false"
- Invoice Number Used: Blank
- Activity Item ID: Always "LABOUR-QUICKBOOKS TIME." In Sage create a new Inventory Item with the Item ID named "LABOUR-QUICKBOOKS TIME" and the Item Class set to "Activity Item."
- Customer/Job/Adm: Always 2, which coincides with Job.
- Completed for ID: The job code in QuickBooks Time. Must match a Job ID in Sage.
- Pay Level: 1 = regular time. 2 = overtime and double time.
- Has been used in Payroll: Salaried employees: True; Otherwise: False
- Manual/Timed Option: 0 = manually entered (total hour), 1 = clock in/out timesheet
- Start Time: Clock-in time; Blank if hours entered another way
- End Time: Clock-out time; Blank if hours entered in another way
- Break: Paid breaks only
- Duration: If hours were entered manually
- Internal Memo: Blank
- Billing Type: 2: Corresponds to Activity Range in Sage
- Billing Status: In QuickBooks Time, 1: If the job code is billable; 2: Not billable
- Unit Duration: Blank
- Billing Amount: 0.00 (calculated by Sage during import)
- Ticket Description for Invoicing: Blank