Learn how to correct invoices you created without sales tax in QuickBooks Online.
If you forgot to add sales tax to an invoice, you can customize a report to show invoices with missing sales tax. Correct your invoices to get accurate records for accounting and tax purposes.
- Go to Reports (Take me there).
- Enter Transaction List by Date in the search field.
- Select Customize.
- Select Customize. Note: If you don't see the Customize button, select Switch to classic view.
- From the Report period ▼dropdown menu, select the correct date range.
- From the Rows/Columns dropdown, select Change columns, then select Tax Amount.
- Select Run report.
- Select each invoice that has no sales tax.
- Add the sales tax and select Save.