Learn how to add a supplier with a foreign currency in QuickBooks Online Essentials, Plus, and Advanced.
Does a supplier use a currency that's different from yours? If you’ve turned on multicurrency, you can add the supplier to QuickBooks and choose their currency in their profile. This lets you record transactions in the currency in which you pay the supplier.
Add a supplier with a foreign currency
Here’s how to add a supplier with their currency:
- Go to Expenses and select Suppliers (Take me there).
- Select New supplier.
- Select a foreign currency from the Currency ▼ dropdown. After you save this supplier you can't change their currency.
- Enter the supplier's name and other info.
- Select Save when you’re done.
If you want to change the currency for an existing supplier
Once you've added a supplier and recorded transactions with them, you can't change the currency in their profile. However, if you want to record new transactions with them in their currency, here’s what you can do:
- Make the existing supplier profile inactive. Your previous transactions with the supplier stay in QuickBooks.
- Follow the steps above to add the supplier again, and select the currency in which you pay them.
From now on, the new transactions you record with the supplier will be in their currency.