To merge one employee record into another, you simply have to edit the Display name as field of the employee you want to remove to exactly match the employee you wish to keep.
- Go to Payroll, then select Employees (Take me there).
- Select the employee name you want to remove, then select Edit from the Action column.
- Change the First name and Last name fields to exactly match the employee you wish to keep.
- Change the Display Name to match the original name.
- Select Save and close.
- Select Yes to confirm that you want to merge the two employees.
Now you're able to successfully merge employees.