The following message displays when starting Profile Workstation:
This issue occurs on Windows version 7.
Note: it is likely that non-IT personnel will have insufficient privileges to resolve this issue; IT staff with the necessary privileges should undertake the resolution.
Add the Server Intranet Site
Add the server intranet site on which the installation is located to the list of “Local Intranet” sites in Internet Explorer security settings.
1. Open an Internet Explorer browser.
2. Select the “Internet Options” option from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the browser:
The “Internet Options” window displays:
3. Select the “Security” tab.
4. Click the “Local intranet” icon:
5. Click the “Sites” button; the “Local intranet” window displays:
8. Click the “Advanced” button; the window displays:
6. Click the “Add” button; the fields activate.
7. Add the server intranet site on which the installation is located.
8. Click the “Close” button; the window closes.
9.Click the “OK” button; the additions save.
Set User Account Control Settings
1. Click the “Windows” icon in the lower-left of the PC screen.
2. Enter “UAC” in the search bar:
3. Press the “Enter” key; the “User Account Control Settings” window displays.
4. Set the sliding bar to “Default- Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer”:
5. Click the "OK" button; the settings save.
Click the “OK” button; the settings save.
This issue was fixed in ProFile release 2018.1.0.