Customers are encountering a "bad state" licensing error message in ProFile. Most frequently this occurs when activating a license:
The error reads: "License Error Occurred: "Bad state (unknown compression method (0x00))""
Change the name of the GreenPoint folder in the ProgramData directory.
"ProgramData" is a hidden folder; it is necessary to search and identify it.
1. Close ProFile.
2. Open a Windows Explorer window.
3. Enter the term %programdata% in the folder search bar and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
The ProgramData folder opens:
4. Identify the GreenPoint folder:
5. Rename the GreenPoint folder to GreenPoint-old. The purpose of this is to force ProFile to generate a new folder when it is reopened.
6. Open ProFile. The first time it is reopened after performing the above steps, ProFile may open slowly. This is expected behaviour.
7. Re-enter the license key previously attempted. The license is accepted and a green checkmark displays as confirmation.