1. Enter the CCA information for vehicles used for self-employment in "Chart C" of the "Business Auto" form (BusAuto):
2. Using the drop-down arrow next to the line pertaining to Class to select the applicable class 10 or 10.1.
3. If the taxpayer owns less than 100% of the partnership as indicated in the "Details of other partners" section of the business statement, fill in the "Owned by business" column in the "Allocation of expenses" table on the "Business Auto" form:
If "Yes" is selected, the asset will transfer to the business statement's CCASummary. For example: T2125CCASummary, T2121CCASummary:
If "No" is selected, the asset will transfer to the CCA (assets owned by partner) table of the relevant business statement:
5. Proration of class 10 and 10.1 vehicles
6. ProFile prorates the CCA for class 10 and class 10.1 if the automobile is allocated 100% to a business with a short fiscal year.
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook