Pro Tax is a cloud-based professional tax solution built into QuickBooks Online Accountant. Accounting professionals can prepare, review and e-file T1 personal and spousal returns with accuracy and confidence.
Create new returns
Log into QuickBooks Online Accountant to begin your T1 tax workflow.
- select 'Pro Tax' from 'Your Practice' section of the main navigation.
- select the 'T1' tab and 'begin new return'
- enter your 'tax year'
- select or add a client. You can add a new client by typing in their name and email address in the open field.
- Create a name for your return. (A default name is provided).
- select 'Continue'
You will be presented with the T1 forms and schedules. Here you can enter in your client's personal and spousal information. Pro Tax has a working view and a CRA form preview.
The Auditor tab, summarizes the potential issues and warnings that may delay the processing of a personal tax return.
- Issues and Notices- will guide users through how to fix the errors. Issues must be addressed or signed off before you File.
- Warnings-Should be reviewed. Missed information can delay the Canada Revenue Agency process.
- To sign-off-place a check mark beside each Issue, Warning or Notice