The deposit detail report only shows deposit transactions. Since the invoice is not a deposit transaction, the deposit entry on an invoice will not show up in the report.
Group the deposit with other undeposited funds
To make a deposit entered on an invoice show up on the deposit detail report, you need to first group the deposit with other undeposited funds:
- Open the invoice with the deposit.
- Select the Deposit to drop-down and choose Undeposited Funds.
- Select Save and close.In the Action column, select the drop-down and choose Edit.
Create the deposit
The next step is to create a deposit:
- Select the Plus icon (+) on the Toolbar.
- Under Other select Bank Deposit.
- Under Select the payments included in this deposit, select the deposit entry on invoice and other undeposited payments.
- Select Save and Close.
You will then need to run the deposit detail report. Once you do, you'll see the deposit on the report.