When you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop, you see one of these error messages:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
This error is usually caused by one of the following:
- Outdated Windows operating system or an anti-virus program that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- A component or file needed by QuickBooks Desktop to run is damaged or missing.
- QBregistration.dat - A QuickBooks Desktop installation file that contains QuickBooks’ license information. Every time QuickBooks Desktop is made active, the license information needs to be retrieved and validated. If this file is damaged, QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
- MSXML component -It is a Microsoft component needed by QuickBooks Desktop to run. This component helps QuickBooks Desktop retrieve the information in the Qbregistration.dat file allowing QB to open.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users: You may also experience this issue if you are opening the file without saving first. You must first save before importing the .QBO file.
If the latest Windows updates are not installed, the QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged. Ensure Windows is up to date.
- Click the Windows logo.
- Select All Programs and click Windows Update.
- After installing the updates, install QuickBooks.
To resolve Error 3371, follow these steps in the order shown.Note: If the first solution fixes the problem, you do not need to try the other articles.
- Re-create damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to resolve license and registration issues
- Fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Reinstall using a clean install