Note: for tax year 2019 and going forward preparers need to use the Consent Authorization request or Business Consent Cancellation request form for EFILE. Click here to review the current method of EFILE or click here to learn about the change.
All preparers need to complete an authorization request on the CRA's "Represent a Client" website in order to access client information online.
Form RC59 can no longer be used to authorize online client information access. Preparers can still use form RC59 to request access to client?s information. However, the access provided by CRA will be by telephone or mail only.
To complete an online authorization request, use the "Represent a Client" method:
- Navigate to "Represent a Client" on the CRA website.
- Select the "CRA Login" option if you are already registered. If not, select the "CRA Register" option and complete the registration process first.
- From the Welcome page, select the "Review and update" option.
- Select the "Manage clients" tab. Select the "Authorization request" option on the tab and follow the instructions.
- Print the signature page for your client to sign.
- Scan and send the signed copy of the signature page to CRA using Submit documents.
Preparers will receive authorization and online access to your client's information in five days or less.