Fonts in ProFile forms (both printed and those that underwent PDF conversion) are not displaying correctly. For example, the size of the fonts may appear too small.
Delete the GreenPoint font
1. Exit ProFile.
2. Click the "Windows" icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
3. Enter the term cmd in the search bar.
The result "cmd.exe" displays in the window.tip
4. Right-click on the "cmd.exe" result and select the "Run as administrator" option from the menu:
The "cmd" window displays:
5. Enter the following commands at the prompt:
cd .. <Enter>
cd .. <Enter>
Once on the prompt (C:\>), enter the following:
cd Windows <Enter>
cd fonts <Enter>
del greenpnt.ttf <Enter>
For users who have a different directory on the command prompt than C:, entering the following:
cd /d C:\ Windows\fonts <Enter>
del greenpnt.tff <Enter>
Backup the Registry
1. Click the "Windows" icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
2. Enter the term regedit in the search bar:
3. Click the "OK" button.
The "Registry Editor" window displays:
4. Select the "Export..." option from the "File" drop-down menu.
5. Assign a file name (for example, "Back up of registry") and a location (for example, "Desktop"):
6. Click the "Save" button; a copy of the registry is saved to the selected location.
Note: do not delete the fonts folder in these steps; only individual fonts will be deleted.
1. Navigate to the following location in the Registry Editor window:
Tip: you can copy and paste the address above directly into the registry:
A list of fonts displays.
2. Identify each font title with the name "Greenpnt " and which ends with the ".ttf" format:
3. Right-click on each font meeting the name and format criteria and select the "Delete" option.
Copying the "Greenpnt.tff" font file
1. Restart the computer.
2. Right-click on the ProFile desktop icon and select "Open file location" from the menu:
A list of ProFile files displays.
3. Identify the file "Greenpnt.ttf":
4. Right-click "Greenpnt.ttf" and select the "Copy" option from the menu.
5. Click the "Windows" icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen and type "Control Panel", then <Enter>:
The Windows Control Panel opens.
6. Enter the term "Fonts" in the search bar:
The "Fonts" menu displays.
7. Click the "Preview, delete, or show and hide fonts" option.
A collection of fonts displays.
8. Right-click in the folder (not on a font) and select the "Paste" option from the menu.
The copied font "Greenpnt.ttf" is pasted into the collection of fonts.
9. Close the Control Panel.
10. Start the ProFile application; the fonts issue should be resolved.
If the above efforts are unsuccessful, copy the following fonts from another PC in the office that does not have the same issue.
The "Arial" font folder will include:
- Arial Regular subset
- Arial Narrow subset
- Arial Black subset
- MS Sans Serif
- Times New Roman
- Roman fonts
- Helvetica fonts
If the fonts issues are still not resolved, this is due to a deeper issue with the computer's operating system that may require a repair to the Windows Fonts Folder or a reformat of the machine. Contact an IT professional for assistance.