Even after marital status is changed to "Single", the "Separated" or "Divorced" spousal amounts are being transferred.
To discontinue receiving spousal credit transfers in ProFile:
- Open the return in ProFile.
- Select the "Uncouple..." option from the "File" drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
- Set the "Marital Status" on the "Personal Information" form to "Separated" or "Divorced" status.
- Navigate to Schedule 2 (S2).
- Select the "Clear Form" option from the "Form" drop-down menu in the top toolbar; the form clears.
- Navigate to the "Info" page.
- Remove the spouse's information in the Spousal information section.
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook