- ProFile is unable to write to folder to save a return, PDF or the .TAX file for EFILE
- Access denied
- Cannot write to disk
- Red X on the efile window without an error
- Go to the location where the ProFile returns are saved
Hint: go to the Options menu, choose Environment and click on the File tab and see the address
- Right click on the root folder and choose Properties
- Click on the Security Tab and then Edit?
- Under Group or user names, select each name/group listed and ensure that Full control is selected under permissions.
- Click OK
- Click OK again
- Retry saving the files.
Note: some security settings can only be changed by the network admistrator.
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook