What to know about editing templates
- templates should always be RTF files (Rich Text Document) format created by WordPad, the default Windows word processor
- contents should always be copied and pasted from Notepad, never directly from an email or a word processor application
- coding locations should not be shifted or broken (blue text); however, any text in black can be altered as desired
- logos, signature graphics, etc. can be added to templates; however, they should not exceed 400kb (this is an estimate... larger files causes ProFile to become unstable)
- all images must be .bmp or .wmf formats
- headers and footers are not supported by ProFile
If working in a local environment
1. Select the Templates... option under the Options drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
2. The Template Editor window displays:
3. Select a year and module from the tab menu (for example, 2018 T1/TP1).
4. Select the individual template to modify.
5. Select the Edit Template button.
6. Edit the template as required:
7. Select the Save icon in the menu toolbar.
The Save As window displays:
8. Navigate to the location to save the revised template and save using an appropriate file name.
9. Select the Save button; the revised template saves.
Note: click the Use default template button to revert back to the default template.
If working in a network environment
Note the following if working in a network environment:
- use the Browse button in the Base Template Directory to select a location to store customize template.
- use the Browse button in the File Path field to select a customized template. Note the Use default template option must be unchecked.
Insert a graphic in a template
1. Open the template.
2. Select the Graphic option from the Insert menu:
3. Select the location and individual graphic to insert.
Note: all inserted images must be .bmp or .wmf formats
4. Select the Open button.
The image inserts in the template.
5. Select the Save button in the toolbar.
Personalize a template
Personalizing a template changes the content on the letter without modifying any of the coding.
1. Open the return.
2. Press the <F4> key; the Form Explorer displays.
3. Enter letter in the Form field and press <Enter>; the letter displays.
4. Right-click in the letter and select the Personalize option:
5. Make the necessary changes.
6. Select the Save button in the toolbar.
7. Save the personalized letter with the appropriate file name in the preferred directory.
Note: If any changes are done to the coding, Edit Template, will not appear on a modified, personalized template. Confirm that Personalized is not selected if no changes occur after editing a template.