If you entered a payment through Bank Deposit instead of Receive Payment, the payment wouldn't be linked to the invoice and the invoice will remain unpaid.
- There should be an invoice for the customer.
- A payment hasn't been entered and linked to the invoice.
- The payment was entered through Bank Deposit instead of Receive Payment.
Find and edit the deposit
You can easily find the Deposit entry in your Bank Register.
- From the left menu, select Accounting.
- Select Chart of Accounts under the Toolbar.
- Find the account you deposited the payment to, then select View Register (or Account History).
- Locate and choose the correct deposit.
- Select Edit.
- On Bank Deposit screen, scroll down to Add funds to this deposit, then find the fund you need to edit.
- In the Received From column, search and choose the appropriate Customer name.
- In the Account column, search and select Account's Receivable.
- Select Save and Close.