During the tax season, ProFile is often updated with new information, tax rates, forms etc. It is important to keep your copy of ProFile up to date. The recommendation is to check at the very minimum, once a week. ProFile can be updated two different ways.
Note: an Internet connection is required to update ProFile.
ProFile users will see a notification message in the product when a new software version is available:
1. Save any open work in ProFile before undertaking the update.
2. Click the “Update Now” link to begin the update process or click the “Learn more online” link to review the release notes detailing all the updates and changes in the new version.
Note: users can also update manually at any time by selecting the “Check for Updates…” option under the “Online” drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
ProFile checks for any updates:
3. Press the “Cancel” button to interrupt the check for updates, if required.
The version number and summary of any available release displays:
4. Click the “Dismiss” button to cancel the update process or click the “Update” button to download the release files.
The download proceeds:
5. Press the “Cancel” button to interrupt the download, if required.
The “Install ProFile” window displays when the download completes:
6. Press the “Dismiss” button to interrupt the installation, if required.
7. Press the “Install Now” button to install the release files; the progress bar displays:
The “Completed Successfully” window displays following a successful installation:
8. Click the “Close” button; ProFile updates successfully.
1. Open ProFile.
2. Select the "Environment..." option under the "Options" drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
The "Environment" window displays.
3. Select the "System" tab.
4. Identify the "Automatic Check for Updates" section in the window.
5. Place a check mark in the "Enable automatic check for updates" option.
ProFile customers can select the following options:
- how often to check (at least every seven days is the minimum recommended time)
- what time to check for updates
- whether you would like to be notified before connecting to the Internet
- whether you would like to be notified before downloading an update to your system
6. Make the selections and click the "OK" button.
ProFile will automatically check for, and apply, any updates that meet the set criteria.
“Update Failed” error message
During the download process, the following window displays if there is an issue acquiring the release files:
Review the troubleshooting article linked in the warning message; if the issue persists, contact the ProFile support team.
“Installation failed” error message
During the installation process, the following window displays if there is an issue installing files:
Close any other open applications (Word, email, etc.) and click the “Try again” button.
If the error persists, contact the ProFile Support team for assistance.