Your computer may be using DEP (Data Execution Prevention) in order to help protect your computer from viruses or other threats.
DEP may be preventing ProFile from performing electronic filing functions.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double click the System icon to display the "System Properties" window.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Settings button under the Performance section.
- In the "Performance Options" window, select the Data Execution Prevention tab.
If the second option is selected (Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select), you will likely see a list of programs and services displayed in the edit window.
- Locate ProFile in the list of programs displayed in the edit window and make sure that ProFile is selected.
This will ensure that DEP is turned off for ProFile use.
- Click OK.
Note: You may have to reboot your computer before this change can take effect.
Try electronically filing a batch of returns to see if this has resolved the issue.